Dennis Rodman must pay $500K in child support
ORANGE, Calif. (KABC) -- Former NBA star Dennis Rodman has been found in contempt of court and is ordered to pay $500,000 in back child support.
An Orange County court put Rodman on informal probation through December 2013, but he could face jail time if he doesn't pay up.
An attorney for Rodman says the ex-NBA standout was unaware he was underpaying and has corrected the issue.
His ex-wife, Michelle, filed for divorce in 2004. Rodman was a star of the Detroit Pistons and won three NBA championships with the Chicago Bulls. He was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame last year.
The eccentric athlete, who once dated Madonna and was briefly married to Carmen Electra, lived in Orange County before moving to Florida.
He frequently attracted the attention of police with loud parties at his Newport Beach residence.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Car rally to be held in honor of Paul Walker
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church 4 min ago
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- Pasadena apartment fire caused by heater
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana 19 min ago
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- Rancho Santa Margarita crash leaves 5 injured
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Cold weather brings flight cancellations 31 min ago
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week 30 min ago
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis