Dennis Rodman must pay $500K in child support
ORANGE, Calif. (KABC) -- Former NBA star Dennis Rodman has been found in contempt of court and is ordered to pay $500,000 in back child support.
An Orange County court put Rodman on informal probation through December 2013, but he could face jail time if he doesn't pay up.
An attorney for Rodman says the ex-NBA standout was unaware he was underpaying and has corrected the issue.
His ex-wife, Michelle, filed for divorce in 2004. Rodman was a star of the Detroit Pistons and won three NBA championships with the Chicago Bulls. He was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame last year.
The eccentric athlete, who once dated Madonna and was briefly married to Carmen Electra, lived in Orange County before moving to Florida.
He frequently attracted the attention of police with loud parties at his Newport Beach residence.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well
- 3 new Hollywood sex abuse lawsuits expected
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role