Dennis Rodman must pay $500K in child support
ORANGE, Calif. (KABC) -- Former NBA star Dennis Rodman has been found in contempt of court and is ordered to pay $500,000 in back child support.
An Orange County court put Rodman on informal probation through December 2013, but he could face jail time if he doesn't pay up.
An attorney for Rodman says the ex-NBA standout was unaware he was underpaying and has corrected the issue.
His ex-wife, Michelle, filed for divorce in 2004. Rodman was a star of the Detroit Pistons and won three NBA championships with the Chicago Bulls. He was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame last year.
The eccentric athlete, who once dated Madonna and was briefly married to Carmen Electra, lived in Orange County before moving to Florida.
He frequently attracted the attention of police with loud parties at his Newport Beach residence.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon 18 min ago
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 45 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon 33 min ago
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence 4 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker 25 min ago
- New technology monitors pet fitness
56 min ago