USC fires men's basketball coach Kevin O'Neill
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- USC has fired its men's basketball coach Kevin O'Neill, according to athletic director Pat Haden.
Assistant coach Bob Cantu will serve as interim head coach while the university searches for a successor.
Haden said in a statement that it became evident to him this season that the program needed new leadership and that it was best to make the change now to "re-energize" the team.
O'Neill was in his fourth year with an overall record of 48-65. The trojans are 7-10 this season.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker 35 min ago
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana 46 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment 12 min ago
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- VC suspicious death investigation underway
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Man wakes up locked inside dark empty plane
- Cold weather brings flight cancellations
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis