NBC Sports announcer Al Michaels arrested on suspicion of DUI
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (KABC) -- NBC Sports announcer Al Michaels was arrested over the weekend on suspicion of drunk driving.
According to Santa Monica police, Michaels was pulled over Friday night after officers at a DUI checkpoint saw Michaels make an illegal U-turn. Michaels registered a blood-alcohol level over the .08 percent legal limit, police said.
He was held for about five hours before being released. An NBC spokesman said the network is aware of the arrest, but offered no further comment.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Report: Possible armed suspect in LA Times bldg 6 min ago
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- Good Friday: Pope remembers those who suffer
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Breast cancer treatment uses extreme heat 53 min ago
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)