Georgetown-Florida hoops tickets tied to Jags
Getting tickets to the Georgetown-Florida basketball game on a Naval carrier will be costly.
The city of Jacksonville released ticket information Thursday, offering "sponsorship packages" starting at $1,000 for the unique event. The packages range up to $50,000.
Part of the reason for the expense is the city is tying the Nov. 9 basketball game to a home game involving the Jacksonville Jaguars. The city's cheapest sponsorship package includes two tickets to the hoops game and six tickets to Jacksonville's game against the Indianapolis Colts the night before. Four of those football tickets will be donated to military personnel. The package also includes "VIP access to related events."
The sponsorship packages go on sale Monday, and city officials expect them to be in high demand.
- Man's body found in vacant apartment in IE
- Man shot, killed in Victorville; 1 arrested
- Deputies rescue stranded Swedish family
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- 2 FBI agents killed in Va. training accident
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- Taylor Swift wins big at Billboard Awards
- OTRC: Jennifer Lawrence's accused stalker arrested
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos