Oklahoma freshman Manning done for season
Freshman guard Maddie Manning will miss the rest of the regular season because of a knee injury.NORMAN, Okla. -- Freshman guard Maddie Manning will miss the rest of the regular season because of a knee injury.
Coach Sherri Coale announced Thursday that Manning would need surgery to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament in her right knee. Coale says Manning was hurt in practice on Wednesday.
The 12th-ranked Sooners (5-1) also lost forward Kaylon Williams to a torn ACL prior to the season. It's the second straight season Oklahoma has lost a pair of players to the injury.
Manning was averaging 6.2 points and 3.3 rebounds and had moved into a starting role.
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought 37 min ago
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Lancaster fight leads to double stabbing
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos