St John's loses McPherson for year to ACL tear
St. John's has lost Eugeneia McPherson for the season with a torn ACL in her right knee.
NEW YORK -- St. John's has lost Eugeneia McPherson for the season with a torn ACL in her right knee.
The senior guard injured the knee early in the second half of the 17th-ranked Red Storm's 66-54 win over Hartford last Sunday. McPherson scored six points and four rebounds before going down while driving to the basket.
McPherson started all 34 games last season and was the team's third-highest scorer. She's averaging 7.6 points this season.
The Red Storm (4-1) face Boston University on the road Saturday.
- Amber Alert issued for Long Beach boy 6 min ago
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K 7 min ago
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years 12 min ago
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos