St John's loses McPherson for year to ACL tear
St. John's has lost Eugeneia McPherson for the season with a torn ACL in her right knee.
NEW YORK -- St. John's has lost Eugeneia McPherson for the season with a torn ACL in her right knee.
The senior guard injured the knee early in the second half of the 17th-ranked Red Storm's 66-54 win over Hartford last Sunday. McPherson scored six points and four rebounds before going down while driving to the basket.
McPherson started all 34 games last season and was the team's third-highest scorer. She's averaging 7.6 points this season.
The Red Storm (4-1) face Boston University on the road Saturday.
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana 43 min ago
- 2 sought in Lancaster home invasion robberies
- Rancho Santa Margarita crash leaves 5 injured
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Ukraine capital facing anti-govt protest
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis 37 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
32 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos