No. 8 Oregon beats UCLA 49-31 for Pac-12 title
EUGENE, Ore. (KABC) -- Friday night's win over the UCLA Bruins gave the Oregon Ducks their third straight conference title and the first Pac-12 conference football championship.
LaMichael James ran for 219 yards and three touchdowns.
The win puts the Ducks up for a likely berth in the Rose Bowl.
Rick Neuheisel tipped his hat to the UCLA fans in his last game as coach. The former Bruins quarterback was fired this week after four seasons with his alma mater.
While the Bruins (6-7) played with passion for their outgoing coach and kept it closer than many thought they would, it was not enough to overcome the Ducks (11-2), who head to a BCS bowl for the third straight season.
Darron Thomas threw for 219 yards and three touchdowns, becoming Oregon's career leader with 63 TD passes.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
ucla bruins, ncaa fb
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide 1 min ago
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- 'Octomom' pleads not guilty to 4th charge 18 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed 12 min ago
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers 50 min ago
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die 48 min ago
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker