USC's Matt Barkley delays NFL, will stay for senior year
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- USC Quarterback Matt Barkley will stay in college for his senior year and will not enter the NFL draft, he announced at a news conference Thursday afternoon.
Barkley made the announcement shortly after 1 p.m. at Heritage Hall at USC.
After a shaky start to the 2011 NCAA season, Barkley led the Trojans to a 10-2 finish. The Trojans finished the season ranked No. 5 in the nation.
Barkley is a strong prospect for professional football, standing 6 feet 2 inches and weighing 220 pounds. He was widely expected to be in the top 10 choices if he had decided to enter the National Football League draft.
usc trojans, ncaa fb
- Russia calls on Ukraine to be a federal state 49 min ago
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Chile earthquake: Magnitude-6.7 hits north coast
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians