Texas Tech suspends WR Moore after DWI
Texas Tech has suspended wide receiver Darrin Moore from the football team after his April arrest on a drunken-driving charge.LUBBOCK, Texas -- Texas Tech has suspended wide receiver Darrin Moore from the football team after his April arrest on a drunken-driving charge.
Athletic department spokesman Blayne Beal confirmed to The Associated Press on Tuesday reports of Moore's suspension.
The Lubbock Avalanche-Journal reports police reports show Moore was arrested April 13 after a Lubbock police officer observed him driving erratically. He remains free on $1,000 bond.
The newspaper reports repeated calls to Moore's attorney, Jill Stangl, weren't returned Tuesday. An email to Stangl from the AP also drew no immediate response.
Moore, a senior, caught 47 passes for 571 yards and eight touchdowns in nine games for the Red Raiders last season.
- West Hills murder suspect caught in motel room
- 911 caller in Pasadena shooting pleads guilty
- Motorcycle fleeing police crashes; 2 dead
- Dog goes missing from Norco grooming shop
- Jimmy Hoffa search: FBI looks at MI field
- abcnews: Victim's grandson welcomes release of killer
- G8 meeting: Divisions over Syrian civil war
- Yoga may help kids' mental, physical health
- Jackson trial: Former record exec testifies
- OTRC: 'Girl Meets World' getting full series
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos