Kent State player runs 58 yards wrong way
Andre Parker's wrong way run didn't count, but it grabbed plenty of attention on the first night of the college football season.KENT, Ohio -- Andre Parker's wrong way run didn't count, but it grabbed plenty of attention on the first night of the college football season.
The Kent State linebacker's moment of confusion became an instant Internet sensation when he scooped up a loose ball in the Golden Flashes' 41-21 victory against Towson and ran 58 yards toward the wrong goal line Thursday.
Late in the first half, Kent State punted to Towson's Derrick Joseph, who let the bouncing ball graze his arm.
Parker realized Joseph's mistake, grabbed the ball at the Towson 7 and proceeded to sprint in the wrong direction.
Adding to the comedy, two Towson players ran down Parker and tackled him near the sideline.
In the end, it didn't matter. By rule, a muffed punt cannot be returned -- or retreated -- and the ball was spotted where Parker grabbed it at the Towson 7.
- Cold case: Cadaver dog fails to pick up scent
- Citibank in Tarzana robbed; suspects get away
- IE school, parents make push for crosswalk
- 5-acre brush fire burns near Castaic school
- I-5 bridge collapses in Wash.; people in water
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Consumer Reports tests summertime sunscreens 56 min ago
- SI model accepts local teen's prom proposal
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'
- Technology, training for LA motorcycle safety
57 min ago
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
20 min ago
- Online workouts you can download
38 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos