Coach of the Week: Bill Redell
WESTLAKE VILLAGE, Calif. (KABC) -- If there's a John Wooden of high school football, Bill Redell just may be it.
Oaks Christian is Redell's last stop on a coaching carousel that started at Crespi in 1982 and has resulted in more than 200 wins.
Redell is the only head coach in the 11-year history of the private Christian school, winning seven CIF titles and a state championship along the way.
At age 69, Redell will move off to the field and into administration next year.
Some of the players he's coached include Carolina quarterback Jimmy Clausen, USC's Marc Tyler and UCLA's Malcom Jones.
Clay Mathews, who spent 19 years in the NFL and former Bruin Mike Sherrard are just two of the many assistants that bring in pro experience to a program widely considered one of the nation's elite.
When asked what some of his greatest accomplishments are, Redell didn't list any of his 213 wins. Rather, it was marrying his wife Cheryl.
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified 57 min ago
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Lancaster woman found dead; sons questioned 6 min ago
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- Judge strikes down Utah's same-sex marriage ban
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe?
- Harry Potter play in the works by J.K. Rowling
- Casey Kasem conservatorship deal reached
- 9-yr-old FL girl is youngest to bowl 300 game 38 min ago
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future