Olympics: US beats Spain in men's basketball
LONDON (KABC) -- The U.S. men's basketball team beat out Spain 107-100, taking the gold just as they did in 2008.
Team USA had to work for their gold, however, fighting off Spain and pulling away just in the final minutes. Kevin Durant led the game with 30 points and LeBron James added 19, including a monster dunk and a huge 3-pointer in the final 2:50.
With Sunday's victory, James joined Michael Jordan as the only players to win the NBA title, regular-season MVP, NBA Finals MVP and Olympic gold. Kobe Bryant, now with a second gold medal to go with his five NBA championships, added 17 points for the U.S.
Pau Gasol scored 24 points and Juan Carlos Navarro had 21 for Spain.
In men's wrestling, Jake Varner won Olympic gold for the U.S. in men's 96-kilogram freestyle.
Meantime, a big party is planned to wrap up the games in London. Organizers promise a star-studded closing ceremony.
The Spice Girls and The Who are among several acts expected to perform 30 British hits from the past five decades.
More than 10,000 athletes from the more than 200 competing nations will march in for the massive crowd expected at Olympic Stadium.
The Associated Press and ABC News contributed to this report.
2012 olympics, olympics
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 12 min ago
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- Operation Crossover targets liquor thieves
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations 56 min ago
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted 17 min ago
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler
- 2012 Olympic medals -- daily medal tracker
- Olympic Sports -- Summer Games Events
- Venues of events at the 2012 Olympics
- Olympic torch route for Summer Games
- Olympic diving -- competitive rules & basics
- History and trivia of Olympic Gymnastics
- Olympics medals by country, historic medal count
- Secrets of 2012 Olympians
- Oscar Pistorius at Olympics 2012
- Best Body Types for Olympic Sports