2014 Sochi Olympics: Ice dance duo sets record
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia (KABC) -- Results are in for the ice dance event. Find out how Team USA did at the 2014 Sochi Olympics!
Meryl Davis and Charlie White claimed the gold for Team USA and set a record in the ice dance event with a score of 195.52. Canada took second and Russia came in third.
USA also medaled in the two-man bobsled event. Steven Holcomb and Steve Langton of USA 1 won the bronze medal at the Sanki Sliding Center in Sochi's Mountain Cluster. Their time of 3:46.27 was 0.88 off the gold-medal performance of Russian Federation 1, which posted a 3:45.39. The silver medal went to Switzerland 1 in 3:46.05.
USA 1 edged the Russian Federation 2 sled by 0.03 seconds to earn the United States' first medal in the event since Stan Benham and Pat Martin claimed the silver medal at the Oslo 1952 Olympic Winter Games. It is the fourth bronze won by the USA in the event, to go along with two golds and a silver.
The wins have created a two-way tie for the most medals overall between Russia and the U.S. at 18. The Netherlands has 17 medals and Norway is in fourth with 15 medals. However, Germany continues its reign with the most gold medals - that count stands at seven.
Meantime, a snowboarding event and a biathlon race have been postponed due to thick fog. This is the third round of delays for the biathlon, which was supposed to take place Sunday evening. It was pushed back to Monday morning and then to the mid-afternoon before being called off until Tuesday at 2:30 p.m., organizers said.
The delays don't seem to bother the athletes, however.
"Well, I am going to sleep again," double Olympic champion Martin Fourcade tweeted in French after the race was postponed. "We'll see each other tomorrow!"
The fog began rolling in Sunday night and was still shrouding some of the skiing venues in a cloud-like mist by Monday afternoon.
"This is standard for snowboarding and ski events. Mother Nature doesn't always cooperate," American snowboardcross rider Nate Holland said.
Neither of the USA's curling teams medaled in the event Monday.
A look at Monday's events:
Figure skating: Meryl Davis and Charlie White of the United States took the gold, while the duo from Canada took silver and Russia took bronze.
Hockey semi-final: TBA
2-man bobsled: Russian Federation 1 took gold, Switzerland took silver and USA 1 took bronze.
ABC News and the Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video