Ramirez, Ortiz tested positive in 2003
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Just as the waters have calmed since Manny Ramirez returned from his 50 game suspension, now this -- Manny reportedly is on "the list."
The infamous list of very famous baseball players who tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003 reportedly includes the Dodger slugger.
So, what was such a glorious moment in Major League Baseball history when the Red Sox "reversed the curse" and won their first World Series championship since 1918, could now be tarnished as two of Boston's biggest stars on the 2004 title squad are now in question. Both were also key components when the Red Sox won the 2007 World Series.
More names to come? More than likely. More disappointment to fans? More than likely. Or are fans just getting used to it?
mlb, rob fukuzaki
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies 13 min ago
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 51 min ago
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- Female pedestrian struck, killed in Riverside
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- abcnews: Conjoined twins see sunlight for 1st time
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler