Ramirez, Ortiz tested positive in 2003
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Just as the waters have calmed since Manny Ramirez returned from his 50 game suspension, now this -- Manny reportedly is on "the list."
The infamous list of very famous baseball players who tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003 reportedly includes the Dodger slugger.
So, what was such a glorious moment in Major League Baseball history when the Red Sox "reversed the curse" and won their first World Series championship since 1918, could now be tarnished as two of Boston's biggest stars on the 2004 title squad are now in question. Both were also key components when the Red Sox won the 2007 World Series.
More names to come? More than likely. More disappointment to fans? More than likely. Or are fans just getting used to it?
mlb, rob fukuzaki
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Castaic-area brush fire fully contained
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- OC church burglary suspect in custody
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Virginia parade crash injures up to 60 people
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1 in OT of Game 3
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez debuts 'Live It Up' video