Ramirez, Ortiz tested positive in 2003
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Just as the waters have calmed since Manny Ramirez returned from his 50 game suspension, now this -- Manny reportedly is on "the list."
The infamous list of very famous baseball players who tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003 reportedly includes the Dodger slugger.
So, what was such a glorious moment in Major League Baseball history when the Red Sox "reversed the curse" and won their first World Series championship since 1918, could now be tarnished as two of Boston's biggest stars on the 2004 title squad are now in question. Both were also key components when the Red Sox won the 2007 World Series.
More names to come? More than likely. More disappointment to fans? More than likely. Or are fans just getting used to it?
mlb, rob fukuzaki
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing
- Norwood pleads not guilty to weapons charge
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting 16 min ago
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Dog's healing effects on 2 wounded vets
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
5 min ago