Ramirez, Ortiz tested positive in 2003
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Just as the waters have calmed since Manny Ramirez returned from his 50 game suspension, now this -- Manny reportedly is on "the list."
The infamous list of very famous baseball players who tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003 reportedly includes the Dodger slugger.
So, what was such a glorious moment in Major League Baseball history when the Red Sox "reversed the curse" and won their first World Series championship since 1918, could now be tarnished as two of Boston's biggest stars on the 2004 title squad are now in question. Both were also key components when the Red Sox won the 2007 World Series.
More names to come? More than likely. More disappointment to fans? More than likely. Or are fans just getting used to it?
mlb, rob fukuzaki
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- East LA coach charged with molesting 2 teens
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Yellowstone supervolcano bigger than thought
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut