Dodgers sweep D'Backs with 6-3 win
PHOENIX -- Hiroki Kuroda made a successful return to the park where he was hit in the head nine months ago and Manny Ramirez had three RBIs to help the Los Angeles Dodgers complete a three-game sweep of the Arizona Diamondbacks with a 6-3 win Wednesday night.
Kuroda sustained a concussion when he was drilled in the side of the head by Rusty Ryal's comebacker on Aug. 15.
The right-hander (4-1) struck out nine while allowing three runs, two earned, in 7 1-3 innings.
Andre Ethier added his 11th home run and had two RBIs for the Dodgers, who won their season-high fourth straight.
Jonathan Broxton allowed the tying run to get to the plate in the ninth before getting his fourth save in six attempts.
Adam LaRoche drove in all three runs for Arizona, which lost all six games of a homestand.
Edwin Jackson (1-5) gave up six runs on seven hits in 6 2-3 innings.
Kuroda, who returned three weeks after he was hurt, gave up a leadoff single to Conor Jackson before departing in the eighth with a 6-2 lead. Justin Upton and Mark Reynols later drew back-to-back walks to load the bases with one out, but Arizona managed only one run, on a sacrifice fly by LaRoche.
Tony Abreu greeted Broxton with a single and Cole Gillespie walked with one out, but the Dodgers closer fanned the next two batters to end the game.
The series sweep was the first of the year for Los Angeles, which improved to 7-11 on the road.
Arizona now heads to Atlanta and Florida to try and break out of its slump.
Trailing by one with two outs in the seventh, the Diamondbacks intentionally walked Ethier to load the bases for Ramirez. He responded by lining a three-run double off the wall in center for a 6-2 lead.
Matt Kemp's single drove in Jamey Carroll in the fifth to put Los Angeles up 3-2.
Ethier started the scoring with a two-run homer in the fourth before LaRoche tied it with a two-run double in the bottom of the inning.
los angeles dodgers, arizona diamondbacks, mlb
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter