John Wooden reportedly in 'grave' condition
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Former UCLA basketball coach and Hall of Famer John Wooden is reportedly in "grave" condition.
The 99-year-old reportedly has not been able to eat in the last few days.
UCLA Sports Information Director Marc Dellins declined to comment on the report or provide any information about Wooden.
Wooden, nicknamed the "Wizard of Westwood," coached UCLA from 1948 to 1975, leading the Bruins to an unprecedented 10 NCAA championships in his final 12 seasons, including a record seven in a row from 1967 to 1973. He is also known for inspiring his teams with his integrity and values.
The Bruins won 88 consecutive games from 1971 to 1974 and 38 consecutive NCAA tournament games from 1964 to 1974, both records.
But the record Wooden said he is the most proud of is his team's 19 conference championships.
City News Service contributed to this report.
Your feedback is important to us! Please complete a brief survey so we may continue to improve abc7.com
ucla, ucla bruins, mlb
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- '12 Years a Slave,' 'Hustle' lead Globes noms 16 min ago
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- 1 dead in small plane crash off Molokai, Hawaii
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- SAG Awards: '12 Years a Slave' leads noms
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate