Judge declares 'impasse' in Dodgers mediation
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An attorney for Frank McCourt said an L.A. judge declared an "impasse" in mediation with ex-wife Jamie McCourt in a Dodgers ownership mediation.
The Associated Press reports Frank McCourt's attorney, Marc Seltzer, said a Superior Court judge has declared both parties in the mediation were at an impasse.
According to Seltzer, the impasse means the Jamie McCourt rejected a settlement proposal that Frank had agreed to.
"After considerable deliberation, Frank accepted judge Lichtman's proposal.," said Frank McCourt's attorney, Marc Seltzer, in a statement. "He felt it was the responsible thing to do for his family, the Dodgers organization and the entire community. We can only conclude that Jamie rejected judge Lichtman's settlement proposal and is allowing this matter to drag on further."
Jamie McCourt's side was tight lipped about the situation.
The McCourts were officially divorced last week.
Some experts believe the Dodgers may end up being sold.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
downtown, los angeles dodgers, fight, court case, divorce, celebrity, mlb, leslie miller
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault 49 min ago
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders 59 min ago
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- Suspects approach women at UC Riverside dorm
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- abcnews: 10 most awful jobs for 2014 revealed 45 min ago
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Ultimate Warrior cause of death revealed
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels concerts
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
20 min ago