Former Yankees pitcher found dead in Rancho Palos Verdes
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A former New York Yankees pitcher was found dead of an apparent suicide in Rancho Palos Verdes, authorities said on Thursday.
The body of Hideki Irabu, 42, was found at 4:25 p.m. Wednesday, according to Los Angeles County Sheriff's Sgt. Michael Arriaga.
Irabu lived in Rancho Palos Verdes, but it was not clear whether it was his home.
Irabu was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol in Gardena in May 2010. Police said he was stopped after his car drifted outside of traffic lanes, and he nearly collided with a parked car.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
new york yankees, famous death, mlb
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks