Report: Jamie McCourt's lawyer denies Ron Burkle deal
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- There are new developments in the divorce of Dodgers owner Frank McCourt and former team CEO Jamie McCourt.
An attorney for Jamie McCourt is denying a report that she's secured a deal with billionaire Ron Burkle to buy out the Dodgers, according to the Los Angeles Times.
The paper reports that an attorney for Frank McCourt sent an email in May asking for documents related to "the proposed deal with Mr. Burkle."
Meantime, Jamie McCourt asked Thursday that her request for an immediate sale of the Dodgers be withdrawn.
Jamie McCourt also filed papers opposing Frank McCourt's request to reduce her spousal support, which he says exceeds his $5 million in annual income.
los angeles dodgers, mlb
- Blustering winds, low temps hitting Southland
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe 16 min ago
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- abcnews: Senate extends ban on plastic guns 43 min ago
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke