Manny Ramirez out of jail after battery charge
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (KABC) -- Former Los Angeles Dodger Manny Ramirez was released from jail on Tuesday after being arrested in a domestic dispute in South Florida.
Ramirez was released from the Broward County Jail on $2,500 bail. Broward Circuit Judge Jon Hurley ordered that he have no direct contact with his wife.
Officials say the 39-year-old former World Series MVP was arguing with his wife, Juliana, when he slapped her face, causing her to hit her head on their bed's headboard on Monday afternoon. She declined medical attention when police arrived.
"My husband just hit me," Juliana Ramirez says on the 911 call released by the Broward Sheriff's Office.
Ramirez denied hitting his wife to police.
Ramirez was met by several family members when he left the jail just before noon, getting into a white Cadillac Escalade.
While he did not make a comment to reporters waiting outside, a woman who identified herself as his sister said, "We love him no matter what. He's an amazing guy and we love him no matter what."
The 12-time All-Star retired in April from the Tampa Bay Rays after he tested positive for a performance-enhancing substance.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
los angeles dodgers, arrest, mlb
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 31 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught 56 min ago
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- Jenny McCarthy engaged to Donnie Wahlberg
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break