Manny Ramirez formally charged with domestic violence
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (KABC) -- Former Dodger Manny Ramirez has been formally charged with domestic violence.
The 39-year-old retired slugger was arrested Sept. 12 after his wife told deputies he slapped her in the face and caused her to hit her head on the headboard.
Authorities say Ramirez denied hitting his wife.
Ramirez was named MVP of the 2004 World Series. He retired in April from the Tampa Bay Rays rather than face a 100-game suspension after testing positive a second time for a performance-enhancing substance.
He's scheduled to be arraigned on the charge Oct. 14.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
los angeles dodgers, arrest, mlb
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- Brush fire burning near Gorman by Quail Lake
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate?
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor
- Woman, horse rescued at Angeles Nat'l Forest
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- 100-year-old Olaf Pooley preps for SM artwalk
37 min ago