Larry King interested in buying LA Dodgers
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Larry King is joining the growing list of people interested in buying the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Since then, several big names have come forward saying they're interested in buying the team.
The former CNN talk show host said he is excited about the prospect of getting involved.
"It would be a thrill of a lifetime to be a part owner, partial owner, of a team I grew up rooting for as a child in Brooklyn," said King.
King is with a group of investors headed by Dennis Gilbert, an official with the Chicago White Sox, and an insurance agent.
If his group wins the bid, Gilbert would become the Dodgers' managing partner.
los angeles dodgers, celebrity, mlb
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited 35 min ago
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Katie Couric's talk show to end this summer
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis