Roy E. Disney's family interested in buying Dodgers
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A family with a famous last name could be among those looking to buy the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Representatives confirmed that the family of the late Roy E. Disney is looking at teaming up with other investors to make a bid for the Dodgers by the Jan. 23 deadline.
Roy Disney was the nephew of Walt Disney, but the family's investments are not tied to the Walt Disney Company.
If a bid is made, the Disney family would become one of several high-profile groups looking to buy the team from Frank McCourt, who agreed to sell the team by April 30.
los angeles dodgers, mlb
- Body found near East Los Angeles College 17 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot rockets to $425 million 55 min ago
- Authorities investigate body found in Laguna Hills
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Canoga Park
- Man burned in fire at Long Beach VA Hospital
- 24 students arrested in school drug ring case
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown
- San Diego cross memorial removal ordered
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Newtown priest speaks out on shooting
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- Bruno Mars named Billboard's 2013 top artist 18 min ago
- Beyonce releases surprise album on iTunes 37 min ago
- OTRC: Bradley Cooper talks 'American Hustle'