Angels opening day to debut Pujols, new menu
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- It's opening day for the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. In addition to fun on the field, fans can expect some new options at the concession stands.
Season ticket sales are up more than 50 percent from last year, and the big story is Albert Pujols. The three-time NL MVP from the St. Louis Cardinals will debut Friday night when the Angels host the Kansas City Royals. The slugger signed a $240 million contract with the Angels, a fashionable pick to win it all this fall with their loaded rotation and a revitalized lineup.
In addition to boosted ticket sales, the Angels are seeing soaring merchandise sales after Pujols was signed last December.
Along with the newly bolstered lineup, fans will see some new items on the stadium menus. Angels Stadium Chef Rick Wineman said the new offerings include an assortment of nachos and the Cali Dog, which is a tortilla-wrapped deep-fried hotdog.
The Angels face the Kansas City Royals at Angels Stadium at 7:05 p.m. PT.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
los angeles angels of anaheim, kansas city royals, mlb, john gregory
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)