Angels opening day to debut Pujols, new menu
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- It's opening day for the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. In addition to fun on the field, fans can expect some new options at the concession stands.
Season ticket sales are up more than 50 percent from last year, and the big story is Albert Pujols. The three-time NL MVP from the St. Louis Cardinals will debut Friday night when the Angels host the Kansas City Royals. The slugger signed a $240 million contract with the Angels, a fashionable pick to win it all this fall with their loaded rotation and a revitalized lineup.
In addition to boosted ticket sales, the Angels are seeing soaring merchandise sales after Pujols was signed last December.
Along with the newly bolstered lineup, fans will see some new items on the stadium menus. Angels Stadium Chef Rick Wineman said the new offerings include an assortment of nachos and the Cali Dog, which is a tortilla-wrapped deep-fried hotdog.
The Angels face the Kansas City Royals at Angels Stadium at 7:05 p.m. PT.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
los angeles angels of anaheim, kansas city royals, mlb, john gregory
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight 47 min ago
- Vandals break in, trash church in Palmdale
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- Deputies rescue stranded Swedish family
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Deaf Yorkie held for ransom is back home
- Tornadoes sweep across Kansas and Oklahoma
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list