Angels opening day to debut Pujols, new menu
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- It's opening day for the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. In addition to fun on the field, fans can expect some new options at the concession stands.
Season ticket sales are up more than 50 percent from last year, and the big story is Albert Pujols. The three-time NL MVP from the St. Louis Cardinals will debut Friday night when the Angels host the Kansas City Royals. The slugger signed a $240 million contract with the Angels, a fashionable pick to win it all this fall with their loaded rotation and a revitalized lineup.
In addition to boosted ticket sales, the Angels are seeing soaring merchandise sales after Pujols was signed last December.
Along with the newly bolstered lineup, fans will see some new items on the stadium menus. Angels Stadium Chef Rick Wineman said the new offerings include an assortment of nachos and the Cali Dog, which is a tortilla-wrapped deep-fried hotdog.
The Angels face the Kansas City Royals at Angels Stadium at 7:05 p.m. PT.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
los angeles angels of anaheim, kansas city royals, mlb, john gregory
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Fontana suspect escapes from police station
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed 35 min ago
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Port Authority records tied to chair subpoenaed
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...
- Stress management tip - call your doctor
5 min ago