Angels opening day to debut Pujols, new menu
ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- It's opening day for the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. In addition to fun on the field, fans can expect some new options at the concession stands.
Season ticket sales are up more than 50 percent from last year, and the big story is Albert Pujols. The three-time NL MVP from the St. Louis Cardinals will debut Friday night when the Angels host the Kansas City Royals. The slugger signed a $240 million contract with the Angels, a fashionable pick to win it all this fall with their loaded rotation and a revitalized lineup.
In addition to boosted ticket sales, the Angels are seeing soaring merchandise sales after Pujols was signed last December.
Along with the newly bolstered lineup, fans will see some new items on the stadium menus. Angels Stadium Chef Rick Wineman said the new offerings include an assortment of nachos and the Cali Dog, which is a tortilla-wrapped deep-fried hotdog.
The Angels face the Kansas City Royals at Angels Stadium at 7:05 p.m. PT.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
los angeles angels of anaheim, kansas city royals, mlb, john gregory
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets 40 min ago
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- IE man found guilty of molesting 3 girls 29 min ago
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts