Dodgers sale to Guggenheim, Magic Johnson group to close soon
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The $2 billion sale of the Dodgers from Frank McCourt to the Guggenheim/Magic Johnson group was expected to close on schedule Monday, but it was reportedly delayed.
According to the Los Angeles Times, which cites anonymous sources, the deal may be sealed on Tuesday instead. Earlier this month, a federal bankruptcy court officially approved the sale. Friday marked the deadline for anyone to try and block the sale but no objections were filed.
Attendance figures at Dodger Stadium are now ahead of last year's pace, helped by a sellout crowd Saturday night.
los angeles dodgers, mlb
- Crews search for survivors of Okla. tornado 39 min ago
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day 14 min ago
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- UC hospital workers strike over understaffing
- Jogger sexually assaulted in Santa Paula 22 min ago
- Former IRS chief knew little about targeting
- abcnews: Apple CEO defends offshore tax policy
- Heart rate fitness tool helps burn calories
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four
- OTRC: 2013 Cannes fashion: celebs don white (Poll)
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
33 min ago