Dodgers sale to Guggenheim, Magic Johnson group to close soon
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The $2 billion sale of the Dodgers from Frank McCourt to the Guggenheim/Magic Johnson group was expected to close on schedule Monday, but it was reportedly delayed.
According to the Los Angeles Times, which cites anonymous sources, the deal may be sealed on Tuesday instead. Earlier this month, a federal bankruptcy court officially approved the sale. Friday marked the deadline for anyone to try and block the sale but no objections were filed.
Attendance figures at Dodger Stadium are now ahead of last year's pace, helped by a sellout crowd Saturday night.
los angeles dodgers, mlb
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 27 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations 55 min ago
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault 20 min ago
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break
- Vigils held for 2 NorCal bus crash victims
4 min ago