Dodgers sale to Guggenheim, Magic Johnson group to close soon
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The $2 billion sale of the Dodgers from Frank McCourt to the Guggenheim/Magic Johnson group was expected to close on schedule Monday, but it was reportedly delayed.
According to the Los Angeles Times, which cites anonymous sources, the deal may be sealed on Tuesday instead. Earlier this month, a federal bankruptcy court officially approved the sale. Friday marked the deadline for anyone to try and block the sale but no objections were filed.
Attendance figures at Dodger Stadium are now ahead of last year's pace, helped by a sellout crowd Saturday night.
los angeles dodgers, mlb
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey 13 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash 3 min ago
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing 1 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
42 min ago