Angel Mike Trout unanimously wins American League Rookie of the Year
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Mike Trout of the Los Angeles Angels was a unanimous winner of the AL Rookie of the Year after a season that also put him in contention for the MVP award.
Center-fielder Trout, 21, hit .326 with 30 homers and 83 RBIs since his call-up from the minor leagues in late April.
Trout received all 28 first-place votes from the Baseball Writers' Association of America and was the eighth unanimous AL pick and the first since Tampa Bay's Evan Longoria in 2008.
The National League Rookie of the Year was scheduled to be announced Monday night.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
los angeles angels of anaheim, mlb
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- Operation Crossover targets liquor thieves
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations 10 min ago
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break