Alex Rodriguez to be suspended Monday, ESPN reports
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Alex Rodriguez will be suspended Monday, likely through the end of the 2014 season, sources told ESPN's "Outside the Lines" on Saturday.
A source also told "Outside the Lines" there are potentially 12 other players facing 50-game suspensions without appealing them.
Rodriguez is one of 14 players who are part of an MLB investigation into drug use.
A tweet from Sports Center also indicated that Rodriguez will lose $34.2 million in salary if he can't play while he appeals and he is not reinstated before the 2014 season.
ESPN contributed to this report.
new york, new york yankees, mlb
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter