Alex Rodriguez to be suspended Monday, ESPN reports
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Alex Rodriguez will be suspended Monday, likely through the end of the 2014 season, sources told ESPN's "Outside the Lines" on Saturday.
A source also told "Outside the Lines" there are potentially 12 other players facing 50-game suspensions without appealing them.
Rodriguez is one of 14 players who are part of an MLB investigation into drug use.
A tweet from Sports Center also indicated that Rodriguez will lose $34.2 million in salary if he can't play while he appeals and he is not reinstated before the 2014 season.
ESPN contributed to this report.
new york, new york yankees, mlb
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- IE man found guilty of molesting 3 girls
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Toddler found playing inside toy claw machine
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts