Bryant countersues former maid
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Kobe Bryant is countersuing the maid who sued him and his wife Vanessa.
The lawsuit, filed Friday in Orange County Superior Court, claims Maria Jimenez, 48, violated a confidentiality agreement prohibiting her from sharing details of her employment.
Jimenez worked for the couple from September of 2007 to March of 2008.
Jimenez initially sued the Lakers star and his wife, claiming Vanessa Bryant berated and humiliated her and even demanded that Jimenez put her hand in a trash bag containing dog feces to retrieve a price tag for a ruined blouse.
Jimenez also claims the Bryants told her she had health insurance, but that she ended up with $120,000 in medical bills for surgery.
The Bryants' attorneys say the accusations in Jimenez's lawsuit are false and outrageous. Jimenez's lawyer did not immediately return a call from The Associated Press.
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world 19 min ago
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- Unemployment falls to 7 pct, 203K jobs added
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Ontario 35 min ago
- Suspect injured in El Monte police shooting
- Joseph Gatto's stolen jewelry pieces sought
- Missing Pasadena City College hiker found
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- abcnews: Brutal elevator attack shocks Chinese city
- World Cup: US to play Ghana, Portugal, Germany 16 min ago
- McDonald's accidentally gives cash to couple
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
- OTRC: Kelly Clarkson talks baby names (Video)