Bryant countersues former maid
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- Kobe Bryant is countersuing the maid who sued him and his wife Vanessa.
The lawsuit, filed Friday in Orange County Superior Court, claims Maria Jimenez, 48, violated a confidentiality agreement prohibiting her from sharing details of her employment.
Jimenez worked for the couple from September of 2007 to March of 2008.
Jimenez initially sued the Lakers star and his wife, claiming Vanessa Bryant berated and humiliated her and even demanded that Jimenez put her hand in a trash bag containing dog feces to retrieve a price tag for a ruined blouse.
Jimenez also claims the Bryants told her she had health insurance, but that she ended up with $120,000 in medical bills for surgery.
The Bryants' attorneys say the accusations in Jimenez's lawsuit are false and outrageous. Jimenez's lawyer did not immediately return a call from The Associated Press.
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey 14 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash 4 min ago
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing 1 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- 2 targeted in attempted kidnap, sexual battery
- Palms apartment fire: Woman found dead
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
43 min ago