Lamar Odom back with L.A. Lakers
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- After a month long standoff, free agent forward Lamar Odom will be returning to the Lakers according to an NBA source.
The deal is reportedly worth $33 million over four years, if the Lakers exercise the final season.
A source close to the negotiations said Odom will come away with a guaranteed $27 million from the new contract which would match the original value of the three year $27 million deal Lakers owner Jerry Buss pulled off the table earlier this month.
Odom's agent Jeff Schwartz declined to talk discuss the specifics but did confirm that the sides have an agreement in principle.
Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak declined comment.
But Odom has said all along that he wanted to stay in Los Angeles and has been quoted over the last year saying he would "take less money to stay in L.A."
Odom made $14 million last season. With Odom's return and the addition of Ron Artest, the Lakers now have the pieces in place to make a legitimate run for a second consecutive NBA championship.
nba, rob fukuzaki
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Pa.
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate? 35 min ago
- 4 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- 'Flasher' suspect sought for exposure in OC
- LA inmate escapes hours after sentencing
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India 43 min ago
- Bail refused for ex-NFL player Darren Sharper
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez's sexy new music video