Lamar Odom back with L.A. Lakers
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- After a month long standoff, free agent forward Lamar Odom will be returning to the Lakers according to an NBA source.
The deal is reportedly worth $33 million over four years, if the Lakers exercise the final season.
A source close to the negotiations said Odom will come away with a guaranteed $27 million from the new contract which would match the original value of the three year $27 million deal Lakers owner Jerry Buss pulled off the table earlier this month.
Odom's agent Jeff Schwartz declined to talk discuss the specifics but did confirm that the sides have an agreement in principle.
Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak declined comment.
But Odom has said all along that he wanted to stay in Los Angeles and has been quoted over the last year saying he would "take less money to stay in L.A."
Odom made $14 million last season. With Odom's return and the addition of Ron Artest, the Lakers now have the pieces in place to make a legitimate run for a second consecutive NBA championship.
nba, rob fukuzaki
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Car slams into Ventura house; driver arrested
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- Klinsmann to remain as US coach through 2018
- Sitting still for hours raises blood clot risk
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son
- Cool Kid visits seniors at retirement home
41 min ago
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
30 min ago