Celtics beat Lakers, 92-86, take series lead
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- It's do or die for the Lakers. After losing in Boston on Sunday night, the Lakers are facing a must-win game. The Celtics beat the Lakers 92-86, taking the series lead.
Pierce scored 27 points - his best performance of this year's finals - and the Celtics withstood 38 points from Kobe Bryant to beat the Los Angeles Lakers 92-86 on Sunday night and take a 3-2 lead in the best-of-seven series.
Game 6 is Tuesday night in Los Angeles, and a victory then or in Game 7 in L.A. on Thursday would give the Celtics a record 18th NBA championship.
Pierce was the finals MVP in '08, when the new Big Three beat the Lakers to raise an NBA-record 17th banner to the rafters at Boston's TD Garden. Bryant was the finals MVP last year, when the Lakers beat the Orlando Magic to win their 15th championship.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
los angeles lakers, boston celtics, celebrity, nba finals, nba
- 2 dead after car plows into crowd near SXSW 22 min ago
- Malaysia: No debris at spot on China images 2 min ago
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 5 5 min ago
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Mom of wandering boys was supervised by CPS
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- FBI hunting Hawaii for top terror suspect
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons