NBA player caught on tape driving 130 mph
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KABC) -- The California Highway Patrol has released video of the reckless driving incident involving Sacramento Kings player Tyreke Evans.
The video shows Evans speeding down Interstate 80 in his purple Mercedes on Memorial Day weekend.
Officers said he was going about 130 mph.
Authorities arrested the 20-year-old NBA Rookie of the Year at gunpoint.
Officials said the video is evidence that Evans was racing another vehicle.
Evans pleaded no contest to reckless driving.
He's been sentenced to 80 hours of community service and he lost his license for 30 days.
sacramento kings, caught on tape, nba
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments