Kareem Abdul-Jabbar declares he's cancer-free
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Former Laker great Kareem Abdul-Jabbar announced that he's cancer-free.Abdul-Jabbar relayed the good news through his Twitter page on Friday.
In November of 2009, he announced he was being treated for a rare form of leukemia.
Abdul-Jabbar is the NBA's all-time leading scorer and winner of six NBA titles, including five during the Laker's "Showtime Era."
los angeles lakers, cancer, nba
- Man allegedly shoots, kills sister, wife
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend
- Santa Ana jewelry store robbery caught on cam
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year 20 min ago
- Man arrested in 'revenge porn' website case
- Bell moving forward after Spaccia conviction
- Kaiser Permanente missing info on 49K patients 36 min ago
- House GOP signal support for budget deal 38 min ago
- abcnews: Woman claws way out of locked bathroom
- Nelson Mandela mourners pay last respects
- Mega Millions jackpot to soar to $400 million
- Paul Walker crash: 2nd theft suspect surrenders
- SAG Awards: '12 Years a Slave' leads noms 18 min ago
- OTRC: 'Terminator' reboot: Jason Clarke in talks 54 min ago