Miami Heat beat Dallas Mavericks, 92-84, take NBA Finals Game 1
MIAMI (KABC) -- The Miami Heat beat the Dallas Mavericks, 92-84, in Miami Tuesday to take Game 1 of the NBA Finals.
LeBron James scored 24 points and Dwyane Wade scored 22 points with 10 rebounds to overtake the Mavericks after trailing by eight points in the third quarter. Chris Bosh had 10 points and Mario Chalmers had 12.
The Mavericks' Dirk Nowitzki scored 27 points and took eight rebounds. Shawn Marion scored 16 points and Jason Terry notched 12 for Dallas.
Miami has won five straight games against Dallas in finals games going back to 2006.
Game 2 is scheduled for Thursday at 6 p.m. PDT on ABC7.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
dallas mavericks, miami heat, nba
- Oklahoma tornado: 20 children among 51 killed
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- Garcetti, Greuel make final stops across LA 37 min ago
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- Elephant meat, dead primate seized at LAX
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- Does your child have oral allergy syndrome?
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' recap - week 10