Miami Heat beat Dallas Mavericks, 92-84, take NBA Finals Game 1
MIAMI (KABC) -- The Miami Heat beat the Dallas Mavericks, 92-84, in Miami Tuesday to take Game 1 of the NBA Finals.
LeBron James scored 24 points and Dwyane Wade scored 22 points with 10 rebounds to overtake the Mavericks after trailing by eight points in the third quarter. Chris Bosh had 10 points and Mario Chalmers had 12.
The Mavericks' Dirk Nowitzki scored 27 points and took eight rebounds. Shawn Marion scored 16 points and Jason Terry notched 12 for Dallas.
Miami has won five straight games against Dallas in finals games going back to 2006.
Game 2 is scheduled for Thursday at 6 p.m. PDT on ABC7.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
dallas mavericks, miami heat, nba
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Lancaster woman found dead; sons questioned
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend 48 min ago
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- Judge strikes down Utah's same-sex marriage ban
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle 19 min ago
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- Casey Kasem conservatorship deal reached
- 9-yr-old FL girl is youngest to bowl 300 game
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future