Blake Griffin starts internship at Funny Or Die
NEW YORK (KABC) -- In the wake of the NBA lockout, Los Angeles Clippers forward Blake Griffin is doing what most unemployed young adults would probably do: Get an internship.
Last season's NBA Rookie of the Year is an intern at Funny Or Die, the comedy website co-founded by Will Ferrell and Adam McKay.
The 22-year-old arrived at the comedy website's Los Angeles offices Tuesday to begin three days of work in video production. Griffin said he's a big comedy fan and an avid viewer of Funny Or Die.
His boss says the NBA All-Star will be treated like every other intern.
Even though Griffin averaged 22.5 points a game last season and can dunk over a Kia Optima, he says he's not above fetching coffee as an intern.
Griffin has been keeping busy during the lockout. He did a lot of sponsorship work and launched a basketball camp for kids in Oklahoma City.
los angeles clippers, nba
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Lancaster woman found dead; sons questioned 21 min ago
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- Judge strikes down Utah's same-sex marriage ban
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe?
- Harry Potter play in the works by J.K. Rowling
- Casey Kasem conservatorship deal reached
- 9-yr-old FL girl is youngest to bowl 300 game 53 min ago
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future