Blake Griffin starts internship at Funny Or Die
NEW YORK (KABC) -- In the wake of the NBA lockout, Los Angeles Clippers forward Blake Griffin is doing what most unemployed young adults would probably do: Get an internship.
Last season's NBA Rookie of the Year is an intern at Funny Or Die, the comedy website co-founded by Will Ferrell and Adam McKay.
The 22-year-old arrived at the comedy website's Los Angeles offices Tuesday to begin three days of work in video production. Griffin said he's a big comedy fan and an avid viewer of Funny Or Die.
His boss says the NBA All-Star will be treated like every other intern.
Even though Griffin averaged 22.5 points a game last season and can dunk over a Kia Optima, he says he's not above fetching coffee as an intern.
Griffin has been keeping busy during the lockout. He did a lot of sponsorship work and launched a basketball camp for kids in Oklahoma City.
los angeles clippers, nba
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- San Dimas boat crash leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 12 min ago
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks