Blake Griffin starts internship at Funny Or Die
NEW YORK (KABC) -- In the wake of the NBA lockout, Los Angeles Clippers forward Blake Griffin is doing what most unemployed young adults would probably do: Get an internship.
Last season's NBA Rookie of the Year is an intern at Funny Or Die, the comedy website co-founded by Will Ferrell and Adam McKay.
The 22-year-old arrived at the comedy website's Los Angeles offices Tuesday to begin three days of work in video production. Griffin said he's a big comedy fan and an avid viewer of Funny Or Die.
His boss says the NBA All-Star will be treated like every other intern.
Even though Griffin averaged 22.5 points a game last season and can dunk over a Kia Optima, he says he's not above fetching coffee as an intern.
Griffin has been keeping busy during the lockout. He did a lot of sponsorship work and launched a basketball camp for kids in Oklahoma City.
los angeles clippers, nba
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped 7 min ago
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC 39 min ago
- Female pedestrian struck, killed in Riverside
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W 28 min ago
- abcnews: Conjoined twins see sunlight for 1st time
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler