Vanessa Bryant files for divorce from Lakers star Kobe Bryant
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- KABC has learned Vanessa Bryant has filed for divorce from Los Angeles Lakers Guard Kobe Bryant.
Divorce papers were filed in a Santa Ana court in Orange County Friday.
Vanessa Bryant cited irreconcilable differences in the filing.
Vanessa Bryant signed the papers on Dec. 1. Kobe Bryant signed his response on Dec. 7 and it was filed Friday, according to the documents.
A representative for the couple released a statement saying, "The Bryants have resolved all issues incident to their divorce privately with the assistance of counsel and a Judgment dissolving their marital status will be entered in 2012."
In the statement, the Bryants "ask that in the interest of our young children and in light of the upcoming holiday season the public respect our privacy during this difficult time."
Kobe and Vanessa have been married for 10 years. They have two daughters, 8 and 5.
In the filing, Vanessa Bryant asked for joint legal and physical custody of the couple's two daughters.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
los angeles lakers, divorce, nba
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center 6 min ago
- Brush fire burning near Gorman by Quail Lake
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate?
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor
- Woman, horse rescued at Angeles Nat'l Forest
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Callie's Cause: Paddle, run to fight epilepsy
55 min ago