Kobe Bryant scores 33 to lead Lakers to 93-83 win over Heat
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Kobe Bryant scored 33 points in a 93-83 Los Angeles Lakers win over the Miami Heat on Sunday.
The legend of the Masked Mamba grew with Bryant's third straight stellar performance since Dwyane Wade broke his nose. Wade managed just 16 points before fouling out midway through the fourth quarter.
"He knew I was going to be ready regardless," Bryant said.
Metta World Peace scored 17 points while leading a solid defensive effort for L.A., who have won 17 of their last 18 home games. Andrew Bynum chipped in with 16 points and 13 rebounds.
The Lakers never trailed in the final 44 minutes, snapping a four-game skid in Bryant's head-to-head matchup with Wade's Heat.
LeBron James had 25 points, 13 rebounds and seven assists for Miami, who lost on the final two stops of their three-game trip.
The Lakers win was the second game in a marquee doubleheader on Sunday. The Boston Celtics beat the New York Knicks 115-111 at TD Garden earlier in the day.
Boston's Rajon Rondo had his second triple-double in three games, finishing with 18 points, 20 assists and a career-high 17 rebounds.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
los angeles lakers, miami heat, new york knicks, boston celtics, nba
- London attack victim was a serving soldier 16 min ago
- Glendora yard dug up in 35-year-old cold case
- Oklahoma tornado victims' names released 26 min ago
- Bear cub breaks into a kitchen in Duarte 8 min ago
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten
- Bill proposed to reduce night airport noise
- Injured volunteer wants thousands from hiker
- Model murder trial: Case in hands of jury
- abcnews: New Susan Powell video released
- Teen birth rate: Nearly all states see drop
- Arias jury stuck but must keep deliberating
- 'Hangover' films changed lives of the stars
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Tornado relief drives: More than $211K raised