Kobe Bryant scores 33 to lead Lakers to 93-83 win over Heat
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Kobe Bryant scored 33 points in a 93-83 Los Angeles Lakers win over the Miami Heat on Sunday.
The legend of the Masked Mamba grew with Bryant's third straight stellar performance since Dwyane Wade broke his nose. Wade managed just 16 points before fouling out midway through the fourth quarter.
"He knew I was going to be ready regardless," Bryant said.
Metta World Peace scored 17 points while leading a solid defensive effort for L.A., who have won 17 of their last 18 home games. Andrew Bynum chipped in with 16 points and 13 rebounds.
The Lakers never trailed in the final 44 minutes, snapping a four-game skid in Bryant's head-to-head matchup with Wade's Heat.
LeBron James had 25 points, 13 rebounds and seven assists for Miami, who lost on the final two stops of their three-game trip.
The Lakers win was the second game in a marquee doubleheader on Sunday. The Boston Celtics beat the New York Knicks 115-111 at TD Garden earlier in the day.
Boston's Rajon Rondo had his second triple-double in three games, finishing with 18 points, 20 assists and a career-high 17 rebounds.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
los angeles lakers, miami heat, new york knicks, boston celtics, nba
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- 15-yr-old arrested after assaulting IE senior 18 min ago
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever 52 min ago
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour