Lakers' Steve Blake attacked on Twitter
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Los Angeles Lakers guard Steve Blake and his wife received threats on Twitter after Blake missed a possible game-winning three-pointer against the Oklahoma City Thunder on Wednesday.
One tweet from an angry fan said, "I hope your family gets murdered." Blake's wife re-tweeted it with the comment, "Wow."
There were reports that Kobe Bryant had tweeted on half of Blake, but the Lakers confirmed that Bryant does not have a Twitter account.
Kristen Blake tweeted that she blocked 500 people from viewing her account, and tweeted: "I am deeply grateful & humbled by the outpouring of love, support, & most of all prayers for our family in light of recent events-THANK YOU!"
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
los angeles lakers, nba
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Castaic-area brush fire nears containment
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- OC church burglary suspect in custody
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Virginia parade crash injures up to 60 people
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez debuts 'Live It Up' video