Lamar Odom dealing with drug problem - ESPN source
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Where is Lamar Odom? A source tells ESPN the former NBA Sixth Man of the Year is currently inside a Los Angeles hotel room dealing with an unspecified drug problem.
Odom's agent told ESPN Odom isn't missing and his wife, Khloe Kardashian Odom, knows exactly where her husband is. The two have chronicled their relationship on an E! reality show for years, called "Khloe and Lamar."
All this started when TMZ reported that Kardashian couldn't find Odom for 72 hours. TMZ also claimed Kardashian hid Odom's alleged crack cocaine addiction for two years.
In response, Kardashain tweeted, "Really hard to sit here and listen to people talk [expletive] about my family."
Odom won two titles with the Los Angeles Lakers. He came off the bench last year for the Los Angeles Clippers.
He's currently a free agent and was heavily rumored to either re-sign with the Clippers or with the Lakers. Odom's agent says his client still intends on playing in the NBA next year. At ESPN radio, the hosts say that's a lot more complicated now.
"When you open yourself up to the world of reality television, you're life then becomes a reality show even when the cameras aren't rolling. So he's got to get the help he needs if he's really going through some stuff," said Ben Lyons with ESPN-Los Angeles 710AM.
Odom's father had a drug problem when Lamar was young. Lamar Odom himself was suspended twice for violating the NBA's drug policy. He hasn't had a positive NBA drug test since 2001.
celebrity, nba, elex michaelson
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide 45 min ago
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- 'Octomom' pleads not guilty to 4th charge
- East LA coach pleads no contest to molest 5 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker