Lamar Odom charged with misdemeanor DUI
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Two-time NBA champion Lamar Odom has been charged with one misdemeanor count of driving under the influence.
This comes nearly two weeks after he was pulled over and arrested in Sherman Oaks. Officers say he was driving slowly and erratically on the 101 Freeway on Aug. 30 just before 4 a.m.
Authorities say Odom showed obvious signs of intoxication and was unable to perform a field sobriety test. He also refused to take a blood test.
Following state law, his driver's license was immediately suspended. The 33-year-old Odom, who is currently a free agent, could face six months in jail and a $1,000 fine if convicted.
The former Laker and Clipper is scheduled to be arraigned in a Van Nuys courtroom on Sept. 27.
The arrest came at a tumultuous time in Odom's life. There were reports that his wife, reality star Khloe Kardashian Odom, was trying to help him get clean from alleged drug abuse. He is reportedly fighting an addiction to crack cocaine.
celebrity, dui, arrest, san fernando valley, nba
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Breast cancer treatment uses extreme heat
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour