Lamar Odom pleads not guilty in DUI case
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Former Laker and Clipper Lamar Odom has pleaded not guilty to driving under the influence in connection with his August arrest.
Odom was not present for his arraignment on Wednesday. His attorney entered the not-guilty plea on his behalf. A pretrial hearing has been set for Nov. 8.
The DUI charge against the 33-year-old includes an allegation that Odom refused to take a chemical test. California law states that a motorist forfeits his or her license for a year if a breath or blood test is refused.
Odom was arrested Aug. 30 after he was pulled over in Sherman Oaks. Officers say he was driving slowly and erratically on the 101 Freeway on just before 4 a.m.
Odom remains free on $15,000 bail. The husband of reality TV star Khloe Kardashian could face six months in jail and a $1,000 fine if convicted.
Odom played for the Clippers last season. He is now a free agent.
The arrest came at a tumultuous time in Odom's life. There were reports that his wife was trying to help him get clean from alleged drug abuse. He is reportedly fighting an addiction to crack cocaine.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, dui, arrest, san fernando valley, nba
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours 43 min ago
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service 16 min ago
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search 57 min ago
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing
- Flasher sought for exposing self at Brea Mall
- Norwood pleads not guilty to weapons charge 48 min ago
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- Ex-Manson follower granted parole for 3rd time
- Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- abcnews: Dog's powerful healing effects on wounded... 28 min ago
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- Elderly couple's dog saved by rescue group
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors
- Cool Kid fixes up batting cages for community
33 min ago