Lamar Odom pleads no contest to DUI charge, gets probation
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Former Laker and Clipper Lamar Odom has pleaded no contest to a drunken driving charge, accepting a sentence of probation and alcohol treatment.
Odom was sentenced to three years' probation and three months of alcohol abuse treatment on Monday.
In a deal with prosecutors, Odom pleaded no contest to one misdemeanor count of driving under the influence and was also ordered to pay $1,814 in fines and penalties. He had faced a maximum sentence of six months in jail.
The status of his suspended driver's license will be determined at a separate hearing in front of the Department of Motor Vehicles.
This all stems from an Aug. 30 incident, where Odom was arrested after he was spotted weaving on a freeway in Studio City. The California Highway Patrol said the vehicle was observed traveling in a "serpentine manner."
The 34-year-old husband of reality TV star Khloe Kardashian is currently out of the NBA. He's an unsigned free-agent.
The sentence deals another blow to the power forward's attempts to return to the NBA and calls into question his future career.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, dui, arrest, san fernando valley, nba
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School 2 min ago
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video