Bobcats' Mullens off British squad with toe injury
Byron Mullens will miss the London Olympics because of an injury, depriving host Britain of one of its three NBA playersLONDON -- Byron Mullens will miss the London Olympics because of an injury, depriving host Britain of one of its three NBA players.
The Charlotte Bobcats center, who was born in Columbus, Ohio, but has an English mother, is shelved for the tournament because of a long-standing toe problem.
Mullens received his British passport in March and hasn't yet played for Britain.
Britain coach Chris Finch says: "It is disappointing but we have a very strong squad in camp."
Detroit Pistons guard Ben Gordon and Chicago Bulls forward Luol Deng are the other NBA players on the Britain squad, which was allowed to compete at the Olympics by the International Basketball Federation despite not qualifying.
- 405 North crash, fuel spill snarls traffic
- Fatal S. LA drive-by shooting suspects sought 43 min ago
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo.
- Covered California announces 13 health plans
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested 10 min ago
- abcnews: New clues to 'frustrated' Boston suspect 36 min ago
- NASA wants astronauts on asteroid by 2021
- Kings beat Sharks 3-0, take series lead 3-2
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on pot charge 31 min ago
- OTRC: 'Hangover 3,' 'Fast & Furious 6' film reviews
- 'Epic, 'Hangover 3,' 'Fast 6' in theaters
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos