New Mexico guard Snell will enter NBA draft
New Mexico guard Tony Snell will forgo his senior season to enter the NBA draft.ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -- New Mexico guard Tony Snell will forgo his senior season to enter the NBA draft.
The 21-year-old Snell made the announcement at a Monday news conference on the school's Albuquerque campus.
The 6-foot-7 Snell says "in my heart, I feel like it's a good decision to leave now."
Newly hired Lobos coach Craig Neal was at Snell's side when he announced his plan to turn pro.
Snell averaged 12.5 points per game this past season and hit a team-high 64 3-pointers. He was the Mountain West tournament MVP.
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos