Thunder win NBA exhibition opener in Turkey
Kevin Durant scored 24 points to lead the Oklahoma City Thunder to a 95-82 victory over Fenerbahce Ulker of Turkey on Saturday in the first game of the NBA exhibition season.
Durant added eight rebounds in Istanbul, the city where he was MVP of the world basketball championship in 2010 when he led the U.S. to the gold medal.
"I think we did a good job of responding after the first quarter," Durant said, according to The Oklahoman. "We gave up 28 points (in the first quarter) but we did a great job the last three quarters on defense. That's really what we tried to preach, is making sure our defense is locked in every possession. Guys off the bench did a really, really good job of setting the tone and we followed their lead from there."
Serge Ibaka added 15 points, six rebounds and four blocked shots for the Thunder. Reggie Jackson, starting at point guard while All-Star Russell Westbrook recovers from knee surgery, had nine points and five assists.
Bojan Bogdanovic, a former Nets draft pick, made four 3-pointers and scored 19 points for Fenerbahce Ulker.
Thunder center Kendrick Perkins dislocated the ring finger on his left hand while battling for a rebound late in the second quarter.
Perkins did not return to the contest, and Thunder coach Scott Brooks did not indicate whether the 11-year veteran would miss any time due to the injury.
Rookie Steven Adams, the 12th overall pick in this year's draft, replaced Perkins as Oklahoma City's primary center in the second half. The 7-footer finished with seven points and six rebounds.
Jeremy Lamb, who appeared in just 23 games last season, played a game-high 31 minutes Saturday, scoring nine points and handing out four assists.
The Thunder move to Manchester, England, to play the Philadelphia 76ers on Tuesday.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Gorman brush fire near full containment 54 min ago
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio 57 min ago
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos