Jets play 'defense' in sex harassment case
NEW YORK (KABC) -- The New York Jets are playing defense off the field, after allegations that players and coaches sexually harassed a female reporter.
Mexican TV sports reporter Ines Sainz calls herself the hottest sports reporter in Mexico.
She posted to her Twitter account that she was very uncomfortable on Saturday when several Jets players catcalled and taunted her in the locker room and coaches threw passes on the field to land near her.
"Thanks to everyone for their support and concern!" Sainz tweeted Monday. "I already spoke to the NFL and it will be up to them to decide whether or not there will be consequences!!"
Some people have accused Sainz of dressing too provocatively. She addressed those accusations on "Good Morning America."
"Well actually, I have nine years in this professional. I have over 250 interviews with the best players in the world for different sports, all the important ones. I must tell you that's my style for all my life and doing my job and never have any problems," she said.
NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said Sunday that the league and the Jets began looking into the situation when they were made aware of it Saturday night.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Do you want the Eyewitness News team to call you? Get a FREE Morning Wake-up Call and personalized weather report at abc7.com/wakeup
nfl, new york jets, nfl
- Nursing home shooting murder: Brother arrested 44 min ago
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend
- Santa Ana jewelry store robbery caught on cam
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Kaiser Permanente missing info on 49K patients
- Holiday crackdown on jaywalking in downtown LA
- IE student arrested in school vandalism case 47 min ago
- Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- House GOP signal support for budget deal
- abcnews: Woman claws way out of locked bathroom
- Nelson Mandela mourners pay last respects
- Photos: ABC7 viewers share holiday photos
- Paul Walker crash: 2nd theft suspect surrenders
- OTRC: Jason Clarke in talks for 'Terminator' reboot