Brett Favre is inactive, ending record streak
DETROIT (KABC) -- Brett Favre's starting streak comes to an end as he is put on the Minnesota Viking's inactive list.
Favre started a record of 297 games, dating back to 1992.
A spokesperson for the Vikings said that Favre won't be able to play in the game against the New York Giants on Monday night because of an injured right shoulder.
The Vikings hoped Favre, who has started despite a broken foot and elbow tendinitis this season, could do it again when the Giants game was delayed from Sunday after the Metrodome roof collapsed.
The game has been moved to Ford Field in Detroit. Tarvaris Jackson will start for Minnesota.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
minnesota vikings, new york giants, nfl
- Charges expected against sheriff's officials 16 min ago
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- Holiday shipping deadlines quickly approaching
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US
- Riot police storm opposition offices in Ukraine
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student
- American Airlines, US Airways merger complete
- Torre, La Russa, Cox elected to Hall of Fame
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis