Favre fined $50K for 'failure to cooperate'
NEW YORK (KABC) -- The NFL fined Brett Favre $50,000 for "failure to cooperate" with an investigation into allegations he sent inappropriate messages and lewd photos to former New York Jets game-day hostess Jenn Sterger.
The league said Commissioner Roger Goodell "could not conclude" that Favre violated the league's personal conduct policy based on the evidence currently available to him.
The alleged incidents occurred two years ago when Sterger and Favre were both with the Jets in 2008.
The allegations against the 41-year-old Minnesota Vikings quarterback surfaced in October on the website Deadspin.
A three-time league MVP, Favre has consistently refused to answer reporters' questions about the allegations. He said early on that he had enough to worry about with the Vikings' next opponent, and that's certainly been true this season.
Convinced to come back for one more run at a title by three Minnesota teammates who flew down to see him in Mississippi, Favre's second year with the Vikings has been nothing like the charmed run of last season, which ended with a heartbreaking loss to New Orleans in the NFC championship game.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
minnesota vikings, new york giants, nfl
- Pinkberry co-founder given 7 yrs in '11 beating 22 min ago
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor 58 min ago
- Fatal 210 shooting likely sparked by road rage
- Stalking arrest in WeHo murder-for-hire case
- Tweet lands 20-yr-old Los Angeles man in jail
- Lancaster pellet gun vandalism: 3 arrested
- 4 dead in fiery crash in San Bernardino area
- Big Bear Lake's pirate ship afloat again
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate?
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry 46 min ago
- SXSW continues in Austin after crash kills 2
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)