Stanford QB Luck won't enter 2011 NFL draft
STANFORD, Calif. (KABC) -- Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck will not enter the 2011 NFL draft, saying he wants to stay in school so he can graduate as scheduled next year.
Luck was widely considered to be the No. 1 pick by Carolina if he chose to leave school early.
Luck led the fifth-ranked Cardinal (12-1) to a school-record 12 wins this season, including a 40-12 victory over Virginia Tech in the Orange Bowl on Monday night. Stanford is set to finish the season in the top five of the AP poll for the first time since the unbeaten 1940 team finished No. 2.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 50 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust 57 min ago
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea 17 min ago
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- Photos: Aaron Paul, wife at 'Need For Speed' premiere