Stanford QB Luck won't enter 2011 NFL draft
STANFORD, Calif. (KABC) -- Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck will not enter the 2011 NFL draft, saying he wants to stay in school so he can graduate as scheduled next year.
Luck was widely considered to be the No. 1 pick by Carolina if he chose to leave school early.
Luck led the fifth-ranked Cardinal (12-1) to a school-record 12 wins this season, including a 40-12 victory over Virginia Tech in the Orange Bowl on Monday night. Stanford is set to finish the season in the top five of the AP poll for the first time since the unbeaten 1940 team finished No. 2.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- First section of new 405 Freeway lane opens
- Fewer travelers expected Memorial Day weekend
- I-5 bridge collapses in Wash.; 3 injured
- Disneyland holding Monstrous 'All-Nighter'
- 405 North crash, fuel spill snarls traffic 13 min ago
- LA gang activity coordinated from Kansas home
- LB regulates loud mufflers w/ electronic sign
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city
- Covered California announces 13 health plans
- NASA wants astronauts on asteroid by 2021 38 min ago
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on pot charge
- OTRC: 'Hangover 3,' 'Fast & Furious 6' film reviews
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
44 min ago