Stanford QB Luck won't enter 2011 NFL draft
STANFORD, Calif. (KABC) -- Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck will not enter the 2011 NFL draft, saying he wants to stay in school so he can graduate as scheduled next year.
Luck was widely considered to be the No. 1 pick by Carolina if he chose to leave school early.
Luck led the fifth-ranked Cardinal (12-1) to a school-record 12 wins this season, including a 40-12 victory over Virginia Tech in the Orange Bowl on Monday night. Stanford is set to finish the season in the top five of the AP poll for the first time since the unbeaten 1940 team finished No. 2.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute 23 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease 1 min ago
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Phil Robertson fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
27 min ago