Stanford QB Luck won't enter 2011 NFL draft
STANFORD, Calif. (KABC) -- Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck will not enter the 2011 NFL draft, saying he wants to stay in school so he can graduate as scheduled next year.
Luck was widely considered to be the No. 1 pick by Carolina if he chose to leave school early.
Luck led the fifth-ranked Cardinal (12-1) to a school-record 12 wins this season, including a 40-12 victory over Virginia Tech in the Orange Bowl on Monday night. Stanford is set to finish the season in the top five of the AP poll for the first time since the unbeaten 1940 team finished No. 2.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- OC school bus crash: Several injuries reported 2 min ago
- Big-rig crash shuts down 210 Fwy, Gold Line
- Protesters commemorate Armenian Genocide
- Metro votes to keep ExpressLanes program
- Willowbrook gunman kills teen at apartment
- LAPD Mid-City station shooter dies of injuries
- Oxnard teacher arrested for child annoyance
- NorCal bus crash: Mother of student sues FedEx
- Afghan hospital guard kills 3 American doctors
- Ferry death toll at 175; families outraged
- abcnews: 'SOS' message saves marooned snorkelers
- Obama: Asia-Pacific trade deal not in danger
- Olivia Wilde, Jason Sudeikis welcome baby boy
- OTRC: Beyonce on '100 Most Influential People' cover
- Compton aerial surveillance provokes backlash
14 min ago