Man fired over Packers tie gets new job
HOMEWOOD, Ill. (KABC) -- A man who was fired from his job for wearing a Green Bay Packers tie has a new job.
John Stone is getting support from people in his community and from across the nation.
Stone has a new job selling cars at a different Chevy dealership in the Chicago area.
Stone's new boss was impressed with his personality and offered him the job shortly after hearing his story. And he promises Stone won't get fired for wearing his tie to work.
"If you look at any way that he's spoken in the last couple days, he has a great personality," said Guy Cesario of Chevrolet of Homewood. "He's really committed. He seems a little nervous whenever he's talking to anybody on camera, but everybody gets nervous. And, he just, he's really enthusiastic about coming to work, though."
"I feel great. I feel, there's something about, my insides feel better now," said Stone. "I'm so happy right now. I'm so thankful."
Stone's story has been seen across the country, and orders for new cars are coming in from as far away as San Diego.
Stone already has at least half a dozen sales lined up. His old dealership is getting quite a reaction too.Packers fans, decked out in yellow and green, are driving by and honking at Stone's former employer.
green bay packers, nfl
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged elder abuse 38 min ago
- TWA Flight 800 documentary hints at cover-up
- West Hills murder suspect to appear in court
- Metro Red, Purple lines now requires TAP card
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly killed woman 33 min ago
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Inland Empire
- Woman sought in Santa Ana Chase Bank robbery
- Journalist Michael Hastings dies in LA crash
- Man stabbed during carjacking in Oxnard 23 min ago
- Fed says it will maintain bond purchase pace
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Paris, Prince Jackson refute chef's testimony
- James Franco seeks $500K to bankroll movies
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)