Ex-USC football player Griffen arrested in LA
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Former USC football player Everson Griffen was arrested after he allegedly assaulted a Los Angeles police officer during a traffic stop.
Griffen now plays for the Minnesota Vikings.
Los Angeles police said Griffen became uncooperative and tried to run from officers on Monday during a traffic stop near USC.
Authorities said when officers caught up with him, he assaulted one of them and officers had to use a Taser to arrest him.
Griffen faces a felony charge for assaulting an officer.
minnesota vikings, usc, arrest, nfl
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Breast cancer treatment uses extreme heat
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour