Ex-USC football player Griffen arrested in LA
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Former USC football player Everson Griffen was arrested after he allegedly assaulted a Los Angeles police officer during a traffic stop.
Griffen now plays for the Minnesota Vikings.
Los Angeles police said Griffen became uncooperative and tried to run from officers on Monday during a traffic stop near USC.
Authorities said when officers caught up with him, he assaulted one of them and officers had to use a Taser to arrest him.
Griffen faces a felony charge for assaulting an officer.
minnesota vikings, usc, arrest, nfl
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School 1 min ago
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video